VIRTUAL ROOMS FOR AN ONLINE BREAKOUT SESSION.
August – 2020 Savvy Hybrid has been the solution since 2016 to allow online participants to participate in a live stream at a physical event or conference.
All participants have different possibilities to get in touch with each other. New is the possibility to place the online participants in groups, for example for a breakout session in a virtual room. This creates unprecedented new possibilities within one custom environment for all participants in the event or conference.
For example, you place the participant present online in a virtual group based on:
- the registration (when registering) for a specific workshop or breakout session
- the free choice (during the event or conference) for a workshop or breakout session
- the profile (for example: position) of the participant
- previously given feedback on a statement (poll) or evaluation question
- completely random (at random)
- Within each virtual room, the online participants see and hear each other via their own webcam. In addition, it is possible to chat with each other and ask questions to the speaker who is going through his Power Point presentation. Upon completion of, for example, a breakout session, the participants evaluate the session immediately if desired.
A moderator can easily move from one group to another in order to experience how the different groups worked on a topic. When returning to the plenary session, different participants can, if desired, give a brief summary of what they have achieved with the virtual group. This way, all participants in the event are quickly informed about content and it increases the synergy between the participants who participate physically or online.